Violin, Viola & Cello Instrument Repair
"Thank you, Murray. I'm so happy with my violin, I can't stop playing it!" Emmi
Murray meticulously repairs and maintains our entire collection of vintage and Australian made violins, cellos and violas. Murray is able to undertake the following:
- New bridge (shaping, fitting)
- Bridge shaping (fine adjustments to suit your playing style and the specific dimensions of your violin).
- New pegs (shaping, fitting)
- Peg shaping (shaving and fine adjustments of pegs to remove slipping or tension).
- New nut (shaping, fitting)
- Nut adjustments (shaving, sanding, string groove reset and placement)
- New sound post (cutting and fitting new sound post to fit your instrument)
- Sound post adjustment (placement, shaving, re-set)
- Violin, Viola, Cello set up
- String installation and tuning
- Instrument cleaning and polishing (using German polishes and English compounds)
- Other adjustments as required
Murray has restored many 19th & 20th century instruments using authentic materials and original techniques. His customers often bring him instruments that are family heirlooms needing love and care to restore their natural voice. If you have a string instrument that needs repair, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Call Tarryn on 0417 747 294 to discuss your instrument repair requirements.